Wednesday, January 19, 2011
And I Would Walk 500 Miles
The drastic change of activity from my lifeless and lazy winter break to what I would assume is equivalent to training for a marathon has taken quite a toll on my body. I really underestimated the size of Rome, it's gigantic. The biggest obstacle I have faced was purchasing a pillow. A few of us walked to find the store that was past the Castel St. Angelo and ended up trapped by an ancient dried up mote, not something I come across on a regular basis. How does one cross a mote? You don't. You walk around in a complete circle to where you started to find another way. Finally we made it to Coin, which is a department store with shoes, clothes, make-up, and all both American and European brands. Thank God for that damn mote, otherwise it could be deadly. It piled on another 2 and a half hours of physical activity for the day. It takes about 45 minutes to walk to school from my apartment, so we take the tram in the morning and walk the rest of the way from Campo de Fiori. Classes have started and we have already had a teacher yell "Shut up!" at us twice within 15 minutes. Our Layers of Rome teacher is a little British man who seems like a hard ass, but the class will be cool because we are never in the classroom and always meeting at new places to learn about them. I am finally learning some Italian phrases to use in my Italian class! And yet Spanish words are always floating around in my mind, ehh close enough. My goal is to be able to communicate with an Italian without beginning the sentence with "Inglese?" Until next time... ciao a tutti!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kelsey, you keep walking and you won't have to worry about eating anything you want without gaining any weight! In fact you will probably loose weight!!
ReplyDeleteMangia
Love, Reen